Sand timers are an ideal way of representing time elapsing in a concrete and visual way. Our range of sand timers have been selected because they are large (16cm high) and simple as well as being very very robust and therefore particularly appropriate for young children.
There are many ways a sand timer can be incorporated into daily activities to help to mark short periods of time or to set a time limit and generally reinforce the fact that an activity is now "finished"
- Allow your child to watch a video – only until the sand runs through!
- It will be time to leave home and go to school when the sand runs through
- It will be time to get IN to the bath when the sand runs through OR
- It will be time to get OUT of the bath when the sand runs through
- It will be time to finish with the puzzle and move on to look at the book when the sand runs through
- It will be time to wash hands and have tea when the sand runs through
The 3 minute timer is appropriate for children who understand that they need to wait or can carry on with an activity for a bit longer but need some reassurance as to when they must finish. 1 minute sand timers and 5 minute sand timers are also available.
I am sure everyone will have their own uses for these timers – so please do let me know of any that have been particularly effective.
Other customers who bought the three minute sandtimer have also bought the following sandtimers:
|Printer friendly version|