ARK’s Textured Grabber® is an oral motor chew tool made out of the same soft, chewy, resilient material as the original Grabber®, which is perfect for mild chewers and/or those with limited jaw strength. It features three different surfaces to chew on: one smooth, one with circular bumps, and one with rectangular bumps. These textures simulate the feel of actual food for realistic non-food chewing practice. They also add extra tactile sensation to the lips,
cheeks, gums, and tongue to help desensitize the mouth, decrease oral defensiveness/aversions, and transition individuals with sensory issues from puréed to textured foods.
The Grabber® can also be used:
• As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
• As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
• As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
• To exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw
• To allow the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration
• To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
• To build oral strength, mobility, and control
• To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube.